Cannabis Pasta with Clams and Green Chilies
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 2 small poblano-stemmed peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 Cubanelle pepper steamed, seeded, and diced
- 2 ounces shishito-style, stemmed and thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 3 shallots – 2 small sliced and 1 chopped
- 4 garlic cloves – 2 minced and 2 crushed
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, and mustard
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups of bottled clam juice
- 3 1/2 dozen mixed clams, such as Manila clams and small necks, cleaned
- 12 ounces piped Penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Cannabutter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 tablespoons fresh cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Wasabi masago (wasabi caviar), for garnish
- In a blender, combine 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup mint, 1/4 cup parsley, and 1/4 cup chives and puree until smooth. Strain the vegetable oil through a fine sieve into a small bowl, strain the solids, and put the solids away.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat the remaining teaspoon of olive oil until almost smoking. Add the poblanos, cubanelles, shishitos, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook over high heat, occasionally stirring, until it appears in spots and is soft, about 3 minutes. Add diced shallot, garlic, and capers and cook over medium heat, stirring until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Allow to cool, then add vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, cook the mixed spices over medium heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the diced shallot and crushed garlic; also precisely add the wine and cook until half reduced, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the clam juice and bring it to a boil. Add the clams, cover, and steam over high heat, occasionally stirring, until the clams open, about 10 minutes. Using your fingers, transfer the clams to a large-rimmed plate to cool and remove the flesh. And shells; discard the shells and unopened clams. Strain the cooking liquid from the clams through a fine sieve into a bowl; Lose the hard stuff.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Remove.
- Clean the pot. Add butter and cook until melted. Add the clams, chili mixture, pasta, crème Fraiche, and 1/2 cup of drained clam cooking liquid and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until hot, about 3 minutes. Add Cannabis butter, lime juice, and 1/2 cup mint, and season generously with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl, garnish with mint and wasabi masago and serve immediately.
- The prepared chili mixture can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before use.
What Does It Mean When A Dispensary Has A Hybrid License?
Cannabis businesses have started increasing since the US states began giving licenses for medical or recreational purposes. Dispensaries must obtain different licenses for each type of cannabis in states where it is permitted to use cannabis for medical and recreational purposes. This has given rise to confusion about multiple kinds of licenses, including the hybrid…Read More
Cannabis Pasta with Clams and Green Chilies
Ingredients 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish 1/2 cup coarsely chopped parsley leaves 1/4 cup chopped chives 2 small poblano-stemmed peppers, seeded and diced 1 Cubanelle pepper steamed, seeded, and diced 2 ounces shishito-style, stemmed and thinly sliced Kosher salt Pepper 3 shallots –…Read More
Willie’s Reserve Chicken N’ Waffles
Encycloweedia Bricannabis is baking into Willie Nelson’s own stash this review with Chicken and Waffles, an indica marijuana strain from Willie’s Reserve, grown in Missouri by Agri-Genesis. I’d been wondering Willie or won’t he bring his cannabis company to the Show-Me State for years. You can bet my face lit up when I heard Willie’s…Read More
Pizza is one of the most popular foods. It is oily, salty, cheesy, and very tasty. Plus, you can get it delivered to your door, which is perfect for when you want to avoid getting out but your craving a delicious pizza. This pizza recipe requires surprisingly little effort. It is cheaper than takeout, and…Read More
How to Make Canna-Oil
Marijuana oil, also known as canna oil or cannabis oil, is an excellent medicinal addition to all your favorite dishes and spices. Marijuana oil can seem like a complicated thing to do, but with our simple guide, it’s easier than you think. This tutorial is so simple and effective that you can make high-quality canna…Read More
Sundro: Giggle Box
Encycloweedia Bricannabis is ready to share a laugh over Sundro’s Giggle Box cannabis strain, so joint me on my latest weedview of Missouri marijuana products. I grabbed a five pack of Giggle Box half gram pre-rolls, deciding to let someone else do the rolling for my morning tokes. Giggle Box is a cross of (Green…Read More
Cannabis Infused Turkey Roast
As the holidays approach, learn how to cook this delicious, hearty, and comforting turkey infused with cannabis. Add life to any holiday party with this incredible dish! Meaty Turkey and Cannabis Gravy Our favorite way to make cannabis turkey roast is to use meaty gravy infused with cannabis. It’s surprisingly easy to make; again, you…Read More
Things to Note About Missouri’s Amendment 3
This election recreational marijuana is on the ballot in Missouri in the form of Amendment 3. The amendment is a lengthy, 38-page document that covers rules and regulations for medical and recreational cannabis use in the state of Missouri. A large section of the amendment focuses on how businesses will operate in the cannabis industry,…Read More
Encycloweedia Bricannabis is excited to share our experience experimenting with the Helium cannabis cultivar from Cookies. Cookies Helium is part of their Collins Ave brand in partnership with Rick Ross to cultivate high quality cannabis. They’ve certainly succeeded with the Helium marijuana strain, a potent sativa leaning hybrid created when Sour Cookies and Cheetah Piss…Read More
Cannabis-Infused Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
Chicken is a popular dinner choice, so why not add a little THC? All you need is chicken, spices, salt, a few simple ingredients, and some cannabis. Not only are chicken thighs cheap, but they are also meaty, tasty, and full of flavor. This creamy marijuana lemon butter chicken recipe has many benefits. One of…Read More
Encycloweedia Bricannabis is jumping in the ring with Tyson 2.0’s Toad this week. Lend me your ear and let’s chew the fat on this indica dominant hybrid strain. Chemdawg OG and Girl Scout Cookies were crossed to create the Toad marijuana strain. Toad gets its name from the psychedelic toad licking experience Mike Tyson likens…Read More
Good Day Farm: Titty Sprinkles
Encycloweedia Bricannabis tries to stay abreast of high quality cannabis strains, and so this week’s examination is of Titty Sprinkles from Good Day Farms. The Good Day Farms Titty Sprinkles marijuana strain is an indica dominant hybrid created by crossing Grease Monkey and Purple Punch. Almost impossible to say without smiling, Titty Sprinkles was named…Read More